Author Topic: PC crash with furmark  (Read 16263 times)

bart

• Associate
PC crash with furmark
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:32 PM »
I tried furmark because my (brand new) computer crashes playing a certain game. Furmark was advised to check out the system. Sure enough my computer crashes a few seconds into the furmark stability test (oh sweet irony :-)). It's a full system shutdown: the machine is shut down totally and within a few moments. No BSOD, no error messages, nothing.

What does that mean? The graphics card is no good? Or too soon to tell? System consists of Asrock 870 Extreme 3, Phenom II quad core 845, Club 3D HD6850 1Gb GDDR5, 4Gb DDR3. I have not OC-ed it in anyway. After a crash the MB and CPU temp are somewhere in the middle 30's Celcius or 90 F.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:35:39 PM by bart »

bart

• Associate
Re: PC crash with furmark
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
Due to the very quick shut down of the PC I am now more inclined to think the PSU is no good (eventhough it is new). If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

Sandman192

• Thug
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:20:50 PM »
You didn't put what power supply you have on it.  Most people don't have the right watts for these video cards.  I don't know ATI video cards that well but if your using only 1 video card I would get 900 or higher for most single video cards.  When you play any thing that runs 3D the power draw goes UP but when idle and now 3D apps the power can be way down and power supply haves no problem at that time.

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
Sorry for late reply. Yep, as Sandman192 points out, your problem is PSU. instantaneous shutdow is the typical symptom of a weak PSU.

Anthraxian

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »
I have the same problem. Here are my specs....

i7 960 @3.2 ghz
6 g ram
MSI 580 gtx video card
800 w power supply

Is my power supply REALLY not big enough to handle this rig?

Furmark crashes my computer instantly - goes straight to blackscreen.

I am running Furmark as requested by world of tanks tech support. No other game crashes my rig. Only world of tanks.

For the purposes of this forum however, I just need to know why Furmark is blackscreening my rig.

Any ideas?

Sandman192

• Thug
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:05:29 AM »
Some times it's the video drivers even throw you get new drives you can still run in to some problems
Some say don't go any higher the 26x.xx because of some problems.  I'm not sure what the problems are.
As for you your power supply it's enough for you computer because I can't make it consume more the 600w.