Author Topic: Questions Pertaining to Geexlab/Demoniak  (Read 8185 times)

digitaldemolition

• Associate
Questions Pertaining to Geexlab/Demoniak
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:22:14 AM »
Hey there I am new to geexlab+demoniak, I was wondering if demoniak projects/demo's can be opened in geexlab if the <demoniak3d> tags are changed to <geexlab> tags, also I was wondering if there was a command master list of commands one would use in a typical scenario such as "navigation_mode=" I only know of a few navigation modes,not sure if there is a walking or player type similiar camera movement navigation,and my last question is if I do purchase geexlab soon , wich I most likely will..... can i output my own exe's and rid of the watermark of DEATH?also change source dll's and exe ?   :kimouss: if the watermark stays after purchase I won't buy the product and especially if i can't control my own output exe's

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
Re: Questions Pertaining to Geexlab/Demoniak
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:10:07 PM »
In the commercial version of GeeXLab you can of course remove the watermark.

GeeXLab PRO does not produce a standalone exe for your scenes. With the PRO version you can export your scene into a kind of binary scene and you have to use a GeeXLab player (shipped with the PRO version) to run the scene. The player is also used to distribute your demos since the GeeXLab PRO is nodelocked (it's linked to a single PC).

Simple Demoniak3D demos can be loaded by renaming the demoniak3d node in geexlab node. But most of the demos with scripting won't work because I changed many things in the scripting part. But don't panic, porting a Demoniak3D demo to GeeXLab is easy.

digitaldemolition

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:56 AM »
Ah cool, thanks for the feedback! hey by chance you would'nt know the raw code and proper tags/code for a infinite spawning box would you? I tried modifying the Falling Rigid body cube demo and none of my solutions worked. I would really like to spawn infinite physX boxes, that similiar to a sandbox editor of sorts, I'm not sure about how it's handled on the cpu/gpu, but I have a quad core, with a gtx 470 so it should not be a problem.  :hat:

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »
I can't give a code for an infinite spinning box because I don't have such a code under hand. Since the infinite spinning box will be controlled by PhysX, you have to find the correct PhysX settings for the box (inital angular speed, angular damping set to zero, etc.).

digitaldemolition

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Is there anyway I could make tearable cloth and vertex deformation ?and if not then do you plan on implementing those ?  :crazy: Also I keep looking for joint destruction or convex decomposition so I can make destructible walls I was just wondering if this is possible to connect 1,000's of joints and if they are rigid will they play out on the cpu ? or can they be handled by the gpu , because i heard Nvidia is still prototyping mass parallel gpu rigid body's
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:01:31 AM by digitaldemolition »