Author Topic: Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family  (Read 3816 times)

Cosmo12

• Associate
Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »
Hi to all!  ;D
I've been persistently looking for a solution of my problem for 3 days but  :NON:
So the things are as follows:
I recently started learning Photoshop CS5 and I am encountered with a problem which is directly related to openGL.
I have an Acer laptop and it has Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family graphic card (to be more exact: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator x3100; Windows 7; 32bit; RAM 2.5MB;) I am deeply aware about performance of my graphic card but I also know that openGL and 3D are supported i.e. everything works slower and doesn't look so great but it works.
I instaled GPU Caps Viewer and it shows that my graphic card supports openGL version 2.0 but when I use Photoshop some tools which emphasized require openGL support don't work (for ex: Rotate View Toll etc.)
I also checked my graphic driver and it's the latest version. However I downloaded it again and installed but the problem still exists.
It looks like everything leads to uninstall this version of Photoshop and try another one.
Would somebody be so kind as to help with this one?

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
Re: Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
OpenGL support of Intel graphics chips is known to be incomplete. So if you need a serious OpenGL support, try a small NVIDIA card like a GT 240 or something like this. But since you are on a laptop this solution is not good... Maybe there's a Photoshop patch or update that fixes the bug.

Cosmo12

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »
 :mefiant:
I just got a weird answer but that's it.
If I used Windows XP it would work.
When intel was making driver of this graphic card for windows 7 they forgot about openGL support so there is a guy who has 2 OS and the same graphic card as mine.
He says it works with xp but not with 7.
Crazy but that's it  :crazy:
Thanks, anyway.

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
maybe you can install WinXP in VirtualBox and try to run Photoshop under WinXP!