Author Topic: "Workstation" validation?  (Read 8216 times)

jayster

• Associate
"Workstation" validation?
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »
Hello!!

This is more of a GPU Caps subject: I am using 3D Max, Maya, and FXComposer to create content that I hope to visualize in Demoniak3d.  I am not a programmer (although I intend to write plenty of Demoniak3D codes). 

I am having great difficulties with hardware shaders - both creating them and using them.  I see things like shader preview swatches turning black, scenes that work fine until I reload them, shaders from FXComposer won't work in max and maya, and other seemingly random behaviors.  I want to be sure my hardware and software is configured correctly so I can rule out that as a cause of the many problems I'm seeing.  It may simply be a case of broken software (or user error   :gratgrat:) but it is hard to believe that I cannot reliably create and use hardware shading in those programs (I'm using COLLADA3.05B to exchange data).  Does anyone have any tips for debugging problems like this?  I have a lenovo T61p with Quadro FX570M, Forceware 6.14.11.7618(7-16-2008), CGToolkit 2.0, DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).

jayster

• Associate
Re: "Workstation" validation?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
My CGU Caps validation looks OK I think?  It shows my OGL version as 2.1; maybe I need 3.0?

Here's my validation info: http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu/db/?which=bfc922d44c3fa168ab6504b4d8ca5052

JeGX

• Global Moderator
  • Capo Crimine
    • oZone3D.Net
Re: "Workstation" validation?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
From your GPU Caps Viewer report, your graphics card is ok. What's more, if you manage to see GPU Caps Viewer's techy-demos, it's all good for you!

Shader programming is a wild world, so be patient, try and experiment, you'll end up to make things working  ;)